Sunday 6 December 2009

Recreating the Band: Finding My Own Joey Nightmare

As it would be difficult to organize the shoot to actually include Joey Nightmare (they have a very busy schedule) I have decided to recreate the band.

After looking at pictures of the band, and judging their styles when I have met them and seen them perform live, I should be able to easily estalbish the same 'look' with my actors to give the music video an authentic 'Joey Nightmare' feel.

Joey Nightmare consists of:
Joeseth - Guitars/Vocals
Alex - Guitars
Benji - Drums/Vocals
Josh - Bass/Vocals
Tiff - Vocals



These are the actors I will use:

Sara Cracknell as...Tiff - Vocals

James Coffey as...Joseph - Guitar / Vocals

Tom Horsfield as... Josh - Bass / Vocals

Jo Grimshaw* as...Benji - Drums / Vocals

*[I thought it would be interesting by using a girl to replace Benji intead of a boy to appeal to a wider audience]

I have decided to use these people for a number of reasons. Firstly, they will all bring a lot of character to the screen as they have big personalities meaning I can make an exciting music video. Secondly, they are all fans of Joey Nightmare and therefore know how the band play, so should be able to mimick them in terms of performance fairly easily. Lastly, all the actors live locally, making shoots very easy to organise, allowing me to schedule re-shoots quickly if needed. However, the original band consists of 5 members and I am using only 4, simply because a 5th willing volunteer was proving hard to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment