Tuesday 16 June 2009

Chosen Brief

After much deliberation, I've decided to go with brief 1 - a promotion package for the release of an album - rather than an advert. This is because I find it an exciting prospect to be able to create a piece of footage to go along with something that is an important aspect of my life - music.

The specification for this brief requires copyright-free music to be used for the music video, so this means having to find an unsigned band/solo artist. However, as a musician myself I feel that my music video will benefit more from an original piece that I will write and produce myself as this will give me ultimate freedom in the sense of the genre and style of my music video. Additionally, I have chosen to recruit my friend Joanna Grimshaw to accompany me on the track as a duet to have a varied vocal range to give a 'fuller' sound. Furthermore, having a female feature in the song will increase the audience that my music video will appeal to.

The genre of music I have chosen is acoustic / alternative. Much like the work of Jack Johnson, Jason Mraz, John Mayer, Cas Haley, etc. I will try and combine snappy, catchy guitar with soft harmonies to create a very chilled song with a happy-go-lucky kind of feel - perfect as a summer tune.

With this genre of music in mind, I will now have to research those of a similar style to see what music videos of this genre generally entail and then expand on that to come up with an original idea of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment